Health Care Construction Workshop e-Learning Course
17.5 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
ASHE has developed the Health Care Construction Workshop e-learning course based on our distinguished in-person program. Our hope is to accommodate all who cannot travel and those who prefer online training with this convenient, self-paced e-learning course.
This is an advanced workshop. ASHE strongly recommends that participants have a Certified Health Care Physical Environment Worker certification if registering for this course.
This course is completely updated to include the latest CMS rulings and offers education with a comprehensive risk management approach to critical topics in health care construction, including: the planning, design and construction process; NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code® compliance; construction risk assessment (including general risks and a special focus on infection risks); mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems; medical gas systems; medical technology; and project expectations.
You will gain an understanding of the latest compliance issues in health care construction, and learn what owners, staff and patients expect of constructors working in the health care environment.
Provided with this course:
- On demand access: 90-days of access to the e-learning course.
- Discussion forums: Learn from other professionals in one convenient location.
- Downloadable tools and resources: Receive a participant handbook with additional tools and resources to help you apply what you have learned.
- Real life scenarios and case studies: Learn the most up to date real world information in your field.
- Hands-on exercises: Apply key learnings throughout the workshop to reinforce understanding.
- Certificate of course attendance
Please note: This course was previously known as HCC or HCC Certificate Workshop.
The Health Care Construction certificate of attendance is not to be confused with a Certified Healthcare Constructor or (CHC) certification and/or designation/credential. The certificate of attendance from this program does not require an exam nor does it expire.
- General contractors
- Health care equipment providers
- Health care facility managers
- Construction project managers
- Infection preventionists
- Articulate factors that are unique to the planning, design, construction and renovation of health care facilities, and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Identify codes and standards compliance issues that are impacted during planning, design, construction and renovation, and implement measures to ensure compliance.
- Assess construction risks, develop mitigating strategies, monitor the effectiveness of those strategies and determine documentation requirements.
- Prepare a sample comprehensive risk mitigation plan based on a real-world project that can be used to form the foundation of your next health care construction project.
- Facilitate and effectively communicate with the health care construction or renovation project team and stakeholders.
- ASHE Member: $765
- Nonmember: $965
ASHE membership can be added during the registration process to receive the discounted rate along with all the society has to offer!