DateMon, Nov 01, 2021, 08:00 AM – Tue, Nov 02, 2021, 05:00 PM
Completely updated to include the latest ruling from CMS (updated to reflect the 2012 Life Safety Code®), this HCC Workshop combines an e‐learning course and a two‐day seminar during which you will gain an understanding of the latest compliance issues in healthcare construction and learn what owners, staff, and patients expect of constructors working in the healthcare environment. Earn 17.5 CEC’s (equivalent to 17.5 contact hours).
The program offers education with a comprehensive risk management approach to critical topics in health care construction, including:
- The health care planning, design, and construction process
- Life Safety Code® compliance
- Construction risk assessment (including general risks and a special focus on infection risks)
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP)
- Medical gas systems
- Medical technology
- Project expectations.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a risk management approach to critical topics in healthcare construction
- Understand Life Safety Code® compliance
- Learn more about mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP); medical gas systems; medical technology; and project expectations
- Articulate factors that are unique to the planning, design, construction, and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Identify codes and standards compliance issues that are impacted during planning, design, construction, renovation, and implement measures to ensure compliance.
- Understand how to assess construction risks, develop mitigating strategies, monitor the effectiveness of those strategies, and determine documentation requirements.
- Prepare a sample comprehensive risk mitigation plan based on a real life project that can be used to form the foundation of your next health care construction project.
- Facilitate and effectively participate in communication with the health care construction or renovation project team and stakeholders.
AHA CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS (CEC)
- 12.5 CECs for the 2‐day HCC Workshop
- 5 CECs for the HCC e‐Learning prerequisite